Who should attend:
New Actran users. Experience with Actran is not required. Acoustics background is preferable.
This session addresses all kind of cabin noise issues: structural vibrations, external sources like air intake and exhaust, noise due to turbulences caused by a side mirror or a front pillar and wall transparency. The fluid structure coupling as well as the use of trim elements within Actran, among others, will be described.
- Introduction to the acoustic and the vibro-acoustic simulations, including viscothermal effects and porous materials
- Modeling panel and window components:
- Multilayer panel: solid shell and solid elements for materials like foam, metal and glass
- Composite panel: shell elements, fiber directions and homogenization technique
- Acoustic radiation:
- For planar shapes: Rayleigh surface
- For complex shapes: incompatible mesh and infinite elements
- Plane waves, monopole, mechanical forces, distributed pressure
- Random excitations: diffuse field, turbulent boundary layers, rain-on-the-roof
- Vibrations induced by structural loading computed with an external software
- Aero-acoustic sources: Möhring and Lightill analogies
- Post processing: noise at driver’s ears, acoustic transmission loss, energy dissipated by porous and structural elements