Founded in 1998, Free Field Technologies (FFT, www.fft.be) -part of the Hexagon group- (www.hexagon.com) is a SME developing and supporting the Actran software suite for acoustic simulation. The company serves customers as diverse as car manufacturers and their suppliers, aircraft and aircraft engine manufacturers, loudspeakers and other audio device producers, consultants, universities and research centers.
We also provide related services: acoustic CAE consultancy (on-site or off-site), training, specific developments, contract research and provide a range of services in the field of acoustic design. The Company is also involved in multiple research programs in acoustics, aero-acoustics, vibro-acoustics, high-performance computing etc.
Actran is used by hundreds of companies worldwide including Airbus, Boeing, Safran, Rolls Royce, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Renault, Bose, Microsoft, Panasonic and many more. Free field Technologies operates from its Belgian headquarters (close to Louvain-la-Neuve) and from branch offices in Toulouse, Tokyo, Beijing, Bangalore and Troy). It also leverages the commercial and distribution network of its mothership (Group).
Our company offers a challenging, supporting and international working environment. You will be in contact with the very best experts in the field of acoustic simulation and with first class customers from the automotive, aerospace and heavy industry communities. At their contact you will develop your technical and interaction skills. You will have the opportunity to travel. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Within the client’s business development team and under the supervision of the Managing Director, the major goal of the Regional Business Manager is to grow the acoustic business of the company on the assigned territory. More specifically, this means achieving the related Actran software sales, renewals and profitable service targets by working with existing clients and driving new name clients (new logos). This should be done in close collaboration with the Group’s sales force and the Group’s channel partners (sales overlay function) as well as specific direct account engagement. To achieve the above goal, the Regional Business Manager has the following responsibilities:
• Be the acoustics representative for the territory including representing the company at trade shows, user group meetings and engineering society meetings.
• Provide sales support for existing customers as needed.
• Coordinate seminars and webinars with the internal teams and the Group field sales and telemarketing groups.
• Coordinate with the company HQ team in putting together concise, industry-based value statements for Actran relevant to the territory that all reps can use in a customer discussion.
• Provide accurate forecast on a regular basis (weekly) as well as other information as required.
• Provide a systematic & consistent feedback to the company about the discussions made in the field. This includes feedback from the customers about the products, feedback from the field about the competition, sales situation of the prospects & customers.
Driving and supporting the Group Sales Organization (50% of time spent):
• Help to ensure that the Group organization is well trained on current and future capabilities of the Actran product suite.
• Work with the company HQ team to develop value statements that can be used by the Group sales team in relevant target markets.
• Work with the Group sales force during the potential prospect identification, qualification and closing processes of their acoustic opportunities. If needed, require the assistance of the company technical teams, communicate the account plan to them.
• Together with Group Regional Directors and account managers, develop and execute Territory Plans and/or Account Plans that maximize revenue.
• Make sales call with Group account managers and coordinate the follow-up activity required to close business.
Direct Selling Activities (50% of time spent):
• Identify target markets which Group sales representatives will not likely focus (ex. speaker manufactures, consumer products companies, etc.
• For specific markets where it would not be worth for a Group sales rep to focus on, perform direct lead generation, sales activities and closing. Direct lead generation and prospect engagement should be primarily focused outside the Group core industries (Auto & Aero) but not exclusively.
• You hold a Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
• Excellent command of English: written and spoken
• Knowledge of Italian language is a strong asset
• You have Minimum of 5 working years in CAE software promotion or selling
• Good knowledge of the CAE marketplace, engineering applications and the consultative sales process required to close new business in a software solutions oriented market
• Ability to demonstrate equal business stature at the executive level
• Ability to prepare and deliver solid business cases and ROI studies to business decision makers
• Customer Centric, Solution Selling or Target account selling expertise
• An understanding of the business challenges associated with the market
• Ability to develop profitable business solutions
• General knowledge in sales automation tools
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage numerous activities in a multi-state area while maintaining expenses
• Strong organization and negotiation skills
• Advanced interpersonal and presentation skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to travel across Europe for 50% of the time
• Technical knowledge and interest in acoustics, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics is a strong asset
• A permanent contract - Full time job
• Travelling on your territory
• Flexible location : Belgium OR Italy, U.K. or Scandinavia if close to an international airport
• You are welcome to work from the HQ in Walloon Brabant, otherwise home office is possible
• An attractive salary and fringe benefits
• Opportunities for continuous professional training and development relating to your skills and experience
• An excellent working atmosphere in their informal, collaborative and cosmopolitan culture where your talent is valued
• The company is constantly expanding its engineering footprint worldwide and has opportunities for engineers who are the best in their field. If you are looking to work in an exciting and dynamic environment, look no further and apply now!
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to our HR department. Life at Free Field Technologies:
Free Field Technologies provides a young and dynamic work environment. The average age of the team is below 30 and is mostly engineers and PhD engineers. This results in a very creative and inspiring atmosphere which is influenced by every single individual, including you!
Innovation, excellence, motivation and passion are among the most important values that our employees share.
Passionate, highly qualified and hard-working team: This is what led me to work at FFT. Since 2013, I have been involved in many challenging projects ranging from complex aero-acoustic work to delivering training and support to some of the world’s leading companies. If on the one hand I can leverage my industrial background, and on the other hand can I enlarge my know-how in the acoustic field allowing me to grow both professionally and personally, then I am very pleased to be part of this team. FFT is definitely an environment where personal and professional qualities matter!
D. Copiello, Regional Business Manager Free Field Technologies Belgium