Application Engineer (in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium)
Founded in 1998, Free Field Technologies (FFT, www.fft.be) -part of the Hexagon group- (www.hexagon.com) is a SME developing and supporting the Actran software suite for acoustic simulation. The company serves customers as diverse as car manufacturers and their suppliers, aircraft and aircraft engine manufacturers, loudspeakers and other audio device producers, consultants, universities and research centers.
We also provide related services: acoustic CAE consultancy (on-site or off-site), training, specific developments, contract research and provide a range of services in the field of acoustic design. The Company is also involved in multiple research programs in acoustics, aero-acoustics, vibro-acoustics, high-performance computing etc.
Actran is used by hundreds of companies worldwide including Airbus, Boeing, Safran, Rolls Royce, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Renault, Bose, Microsoft, Panasonic and many more. Free field Technologies operates from its Belgian headquarters (close to Louvain-la-Neuve) and from branch offices in Toulouse, Tokyo, Beijing, Bangalore and Troy). It also leverages the commercial and distribution network of its mothership (Group).
Our company offers a challenging, supporting and international working environment. You will be in contact with the very best experts in the field of acoustic simulation and with first class customers from the automotive, aerospace and heavy industry communities. At their contact you will develop your technical and interaction skills. You will have the opportunity to travel. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
As a member of the FFT staff of world-class experts in acoustic simulation, you will be integrated in the Project and Support Group based in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium. Under the responsibility of the Services Manager, you will be involved in the following activities:
• providing technical support of the Actran acoustic simulation software to worldwide customers;
• providing technical trainings;
• working on challenging acoustic, vibro-acoustic and aero-acoustic consulting projects using Actran and other leading CAE software;
• working on the improvement of Actran through intensive collaboration with the Product and Development Team;
• supporting our sales team and our distributors in promoting our products.
• an engineering masters degree is a prerequisite, preferably in Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics or Civil Engineering;
• a prior experience with commercial CAE software (structural FEA, acoustics FEA or CFD package) is an asset;
• the ability to manage multiple projects;
• effective communication skills (spoken and written English) with colleagues and customers;
• the ability to work well with others in a diverse team environment;
• problem-solving skills, ability to create engineering solutions to customer problems;
• skills in writing and presenting/demonstrations;
• a taste for programming (Matlab, Python, DOS or bash) and travels is desirable.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via our careers page.
Life at Free Field Technologies:
Free Field Technologies provides a young and dynamic work environment. The average age of the team is below 30 and is mostly engineers and PhD engineers. This results in a very creative and inspiring atmosphere which is influenced by every single individual, including you!
Innovation, excellence, motivation and passion are among the most important values that our employees share.
I have been working at Free Field Technologies for more than 9 years now. I started as an application engineer right after my university studies. From the beginning, I received thorough training in our software tools and processes, and then was immediately involved in interesting and challenging projects for our key customers. Since then, I have worked with a wide variety of industries (space, aeronautics, automotive, shipbuilding, consumer products…) on many different acoustic topics. Every single day I know that I will have opportunities to learn new things, to improve myself, and to have a positive impact on our company’s success. If you share such objectives for your professional life, FFT engineering is the place to be.
J. Jacqmot, Manager Services Group Free Field Technologies Belgium
During my internship at FFT in 2018, I worked on a specific project in aeroacoustics, then I started working as an Application Engineer and discovered many other domains. I am involved in several projects and provide support to clients, work on benchmarks and validation. In this job there is no routine, I am constantly learning, in an enjoyable atmosphere and a flat organization. As a beginner, this environment is a real opportunity to grow.
V. Sujjur Balaramraja, Application Engineer Free Field Technologies Belgium