From the largest commercial jets to small general aviation aircrafts, from military carriers to business jets, for fixed-wing aircrafts or helicopters Actran offers the best available tools and unmatched consulting experience in:
- fuselage and cockpit insulation assessment and optimization;
- engine nacelle liner design (intake, bypass and exhaust) including installation effects;
- helicopter turboshaft engine intake plenum and exhaust liner design (Free Field Technologies is a partner in the Friendcopter European R&D project;
- ECS (Environmental Control System) noise propagation in air distribution duct;
- ramp noise (APU and ECS inlet and outlet silencer design, ECS noise transmission through belly fairing);
- broad-band aero-acoustics (slat/flap noise);
- acoustic fatigue of payload during space launch phase (sound transmission through fairing).
Among the many unique features developed to serve the aerospace community are:
- turbulent boundary layer and diffuse sound field mechanical excitation models;
- convected wave propagation model;
- support of composite materials;
- specific fan noise source models;
- link to all popular CFD codes;
- support of high-performance computing infrastructures.
Actran evolved significantly over the last decades. It includes a wealth of features that are necessary for modeling accurately our problems in acoustics, vibro-acoustics and aero-acoustics.Jean-Yves Suratteau, head of the numerical methods group in the Acoustics & Enviromnet department of AIRBUS