Manager of Engineering and Technical Support - Acoustic Simulation
FFT North America is hiring:
Manager of Engineering and Technical Support - Acoustic Simulation (in Troy, MI, USA)
Founded in 1998, Free Field Technologies (FFT, www.fft.be) -part of the Hexagon group- (www.hexagon.com) is a SME developing and supporting the ACTRAN software suite for acoustic simulation. Leading automotive companies (OEM’s and their suppliers), aircraft manufacturers, aircraft engine suppliers, audio system designers (and more) are using our technology to improve the acoustic performance of their products virtually, through simulation.
ACTRAN is used by hundreds of companies worldwide including Airbus, Boeing, Safran, Rolls Royce, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Renault, Bose, Microsoft, Panasonic and many more.
Free Field Technologies operates from its Belgian headquarters (close to Louvain-la-Neuve) and from branch offices in Toulouse (France), Tokyo (Japan), Beijing (China), Bangalore (India) and Troy (Michigan).
This person has the responsibility for managing a small group of Acoustic Simulation Application Engineers to handle all of the acoustic technical activities in the Americas across a wide variety of industries including automotive, aircraft,space, industrial, and consumer products. He or she will work with other FFT/MSC technical resources in acoustics and other disciplines, with engineers at our customers and prospects, and with sales and management personal at FFT and MSC Software, our parent company. They will fill the role of technical specialist in acoustics to our prospects and customers, and will coordinate the tasks, priorities and on-‐going training of our technical team in the areas listed below. Travel will be required, ranging from zero trips some months to 2 weeks of travel other months, with weekends at home. Averaged over the year, the travel will be less than 50% of the business days.
1. Managing the delivery of acoustic technical solutions to Americas prospects and customers.
2. Pre-sales Support - Listening to prospects -‐ to understand their needs, their current acoustic analysis and testing processes, and then explaining how Actran software and / or our consulting services could help them. This will be done in partnership with management and technical sales people.
3. Post-sales Support - Answering customers' technical question via phone, email and web meetings. Advising customers on how to optimize their use of Actran.
4. Training - Training customers in the use of Actran software at their locations or in our office
5. Projects - Completing engineering projects for customers, at their site or in our office
Deep knowledge of engineering acoustics
Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication in English
Strong desire to learn and to help people solve their problems
Experience with one or more acoustic simulation tools like Actran, VAone, Virtual Lab, Comsol Acoustics, or Abaqus
Ansa, Patran, Hypermesh, Nastran, Python, Matlab, StarCCM+, Fluent or other FEA or CFD tools
Masters Degree or PhD in mechanical or electrical engineering, or physics with an emphasis in acoustics
Must be a US citizen or green card holder.
Competitive base salary, 15% bonus paid quarterly tied to team goals, car allowance plus mileage reimbursement,excellent medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to our HR department.