Application Engineer (in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium)
Our company offers a challenging, supporting and international working environment.
You will be in contact with the very best experts in the field of acoustic simulation and with first class customers from the automotive, aerospace and heavy industry communities.
At their contact you will develop your technical and interaction skills. You will have the opportunity to travel. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Founded in 1998, Free Field Technologies (FFT, www.fft.be) -part of the Hexagon group- (www.hexagon.com) is a SME developing and supporting the ACTRAN software suite for acoustic simulation. Leading automotive companies (OEM’s and their suppliers), aircraft manufacturers, aircraft engine suppliers, audio system designers (and more) are using our technology to improve the acoustic performance of their products virtually, through simulation.
ACTRAN is used by hundreds of companies worldwide including Airbus, Boeing, Safran, Rolls Royce, BMW, Ferrari, Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Renault, Bose, Microsoft, Panasonic and many more.
Free Field Technologies operates from its Belgian headquarters (close to Louvain-la-Neuve) and from branch offices in Toulouse (France), Tokyo (Japan), Beijing (China), Bangalore (India) and Troy (Michigan).
As a member of the FFT staff of world-class experts in acoustic simulation, you will be integrated in the Project and Support Group. Under the responsibility of the Engineering and Support Manager, you will be involved in the following activities:
• providing technical support of the Actran acoustic simulation software to worldwide customers;
• providing technical trainings;
• working on challenging acoustic, vibro-acoustic and aero-acoustic consulting projects using Actran and other leading CAE software;
• working on the improvement of Actran through intensive collaboration with the Product and Development Team;
• supporting our sales team and our distributors in promoting our products.
• an engineering masters degree is a prerequisite, preferably in Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics or Civil Engineering;
• a prior experience with commercial CAE software (structural FEA, acoustics FEA or CFD package) is an asset;
• the ability to manage multiple projects;
• effective communication skills (spoken and written English) with colleagues and customers;
• the ability to work well with others in a diverse team environment;
• problem-solving skills, ability to create engineering solutions to customer problems;
• skills in writing and presenting/demonstrations;
• a taste for programming (Matlab, Python, DOS or bash) and travels is desirable.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to our HR department.